Kanan Devi Memorial College of Education, Pangei, Yangdong, Imphal East, Manipur was established in 1992. It was inaugurated on the auspicious day of Maha Sankranti, the 14th January, 1993 by His Excellency Chintamani Panigrahi, the then Governor of Manipur. The college stands in the midst of sylvan an idyllic setting surrounded by the grassy green hills and verdant paddy fields lulled by the murmuring melodies of the vibrant rivulets.
- A learner going to attend Gurukulas (Vedic Institution) is the symbol of quest and pursuit of knowledge giving the following interpretations :
- Life is learning and earning of knowledge
- Live and serve with knowledge in the universe
- Learning is for survival and service for humanity
- Proceed, forward, learn and do something for the welfare of mankind till life ended into the grave
Aims and Objectives
- To provide training facilities to the pre service teachers/student teachers.
- To maintain quality education of schools by training the treacher students.
- To inculcate the teacher students in respect of human, moral, social, aesthetic and ethical values along with the sense of national integration and the patriotic zeal.
- To make prospective teachers so as to evolve a need-based pedagogy and transactional strategy
- To make teachers more functional in their jobs by incorporating guidance and counseling.
- To make teachers to fulfill more in their competency, commitment and performance areas.
- Documentation and dissemination by innovative practices iin the field of school education and teacher education in consultation with NCERT, SCERT, DIETs, Directorate of School Education, Directorate of Higher and University Education, Affiliating Universities, UGC, NCTE, etc.
- To conduct Extension Lecture, Demonstration Lessons, under the eminent resource persons, Teacher Educators and other functionaries and NGOs.
- To conduct seminars in respect of the barriers of the curriculum transaction, consumer awareness, human rights, disaster management, HIV/AIDS and other communicable diseases.
- To conduct Action Research, Case Studies and Problem Solving Analysis of institutional and emerging students' problems.
- To form Alumni Association and to do Group Discussion based in their problems, placement and progress in their Teaching Learning Process.